Draft list, part deux
Going to keep this one brief today, folks. I did, however, promise the 2010 Draft prospects from 11-20 after running 1-10 in my last post. So there’s no confusion, this isn’t a mock draft. It’s way too early, in my opinion, to hazard guesses about who is going to go where. Let’s have some performances first, no? Not to mention things like signability, etc. Anway, we’ll get to that eventually. This list is talent-driven, meaning that it’s a very loose (not scientific at all) look at who the top talent seems to be as we head into Draft season full-steam ahead.
By the way, Bryce Harper was in the Phoenix area for a game against GateWay Community College. Our man on the scene was Tom Singer, so look for a story about it over on MLB.com later on. Harper went 2-for-6 with a pair of singles, for those of you scoring at home. OK, now on to draft talent Nos. 11-20:
11. James Paxton, LHP, Kentucky
12. Deck McGuire, RHP, Georgia Tech
13. A.J. Cole, RHP, Oviedo HS, Fla.
14. Kevin Gausman, RHP, Grandview HS, Col.
15. Brandon Workman, RHP, Texas
16. LeVon Washington, 2B, Chipola JC, Fla.
17. Micah Gibbs, C, LSU
18. Stetson Allie, RHP, Olmstead Falls HS, Ohio
19. Christian Colon, SS, Cal State Fullerton
20. Yordy Cabrera, SS, Lakeland HS, Fla.