Minor League Transactions for week of May 7
(Editor’s Note: My apologies, thought I published this on Tuesday, but forgot)
Once again, I’m hoping to make this a weekly feature, a look at roster moves/transactions involving the top prospects in the game, focusing on the players on our Team Top 20s over on Prospect Watch. Here’s the week that was on the transaction wire:
- Kylin Turnbull, RHP (WAS, No. 17): Returned to Hagerstown from extended, first start since April 27. Went three innings on May 8 and struggled.
- Last week, I wrote that Jake Petricka and Nestor Molina were promoted in the White Sox system. Turns out it was a one-shot deal. Both are back down in Winston-Salem and Birmingham, respectively.
- Carlos Perez, LHP (ATL, No. 13): The lefty was sent down from Rome after struggling mightily in seven outings and a 12.79 ERA.
- Johermyn Chavez, OF (SEA, No. 17): On the DL with a broken hamate in his left hand.
- Yorman Rodriguez, OF (CIN, No. 12): After hitting .156 in 23 games, with 39 K’s in that span, Rodriguez was sent to extended to work things out.
- Alfredo Silverio, OF (LAD, No. 15): Silverio had been out initially because of a concussion, but that had cleared up. Then he hurt his elbow and needed Tommy John surgery, ending his season.
- Ben Wells, RHP (CHC, No. 13): Wells came off the DL on May 10 (blister) to pitch four innings in relief for Peoria.
- Zack Wheeler, RHP (NYM, No. 1): Wheeler came back from his fingernail problem to pitch 5 innings for Double-A Binghamton on May 10.
- Mycal Jones, OF (ATL, No. 16): Jones was sent down a level, from AA to Class A Advanced Lynchburg after hitting .141 with Mississippi.
- Shawn Tolleson, RHP (LAD, No. 9): The reliever got bumped up to Triple-A after posting a 1.38 ERA with 5 saves in Double-A.
- Matt Hoffman, LHP (DET, No. 14): The lefty came off the DL and pitched an inning in relief on May 9. Then he promptly returned to the DL (left shoulder strain).
- Jack Marder, C (SEA, No. 16): Marder came off the DL and picked up where he left off with the bat, going 5-for-15 in his first three games back for High Desert.
- A.J. Griffin, RHP (OAK, No. 13): Griffin continued his quiet ascent through the A’s system, getting bumped up to Triple-A after a 2.49 ERA in seven Double-A starts.
- Joe Ross, RHP (SD, No. 10): Ross was scratched from his last start and placed on the DL with shoulder soreness on Friday.
- Jace Peterson, SS (SD, No. 19): Placed on the DL with concussion symptoms after an on-field collision with a teammate.
- Danry Vazquez, OF (DET, No. 11): The teenager was sent to extended after hitting just .162 in 29 games for West Michigan.
- Kyle Parker, OF (COL, No. 11): Parker returned from a wrist injury that forced him out for the start of the season and he hit his first homer of the year for Modesto on May 12.
- Tommy Joseph, C (SF, NO. 5): Joseph was put on the DL due to a concussion.
- James Baldwin, OF (LAD, No. 10): Returned from a DL stint due to a strained oblique.
- David Adams, 2B (NYY, No. 19): The injury-prone infielder returned to Trenton following a stiff neck.